Friday, June 10, 2011

TV

This summer we've been spending a lot of down time at home. One of our favorite ways to relax is in front of the TV (whose isn't?). We had been looking for something entertaining, yet kid friendly.


Jeff has told me for years about a show he watched when he was younger called The Waltons. I finally tried it a couple of weeks ago, and now I love it! The best part is that it is being shown on Hallmark and Inspire channels, so we have plenty of opportunities every day to see it. The girls love it too.


We all like Grandpa Walton the best, but I think for comedy reasons we all like to see Corabeth Godsey and the Baldwin Sisters too (especially when they talk about their Recipe). We like JimBob for his honesty and the father, John Sr, for how nice he is.


Wish we could see more of the earlier episodes, but it's fun to get such a variety of early and late episodes to see how everyone turns out. :)






Do any of you like watching the Waltons too?

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm kinda freaking out right now that I'm THAT much older than you...I remember vividly watching 'The Waltons' in my little living room...hoping to grow up to look like Mary Beth but terrified I'd end up like Elizabeth - wishing I had a huge family that lived on a mountainside in West Virginia. I just about had a nervous breakdown when the grandmother had a stroke, I just sobbed. Memories...